Final Expense Insurance
Final expenses are the costs that arise at the time of a person’s death. This includes bills associated with final medical expenses, funeral or memorial services, and the price of burial or cremation. The average burial in the United States today costs approximately $9,000, and that cost does not include funeral or final medical expenses.
Why Do I Need Final Expense Insurance?
Most of us will eventually need to pay for final expense insurance. If you don’t have extra funds set aside in savings just for final expenses, your loved ones may struggle with coming up with the money needed to give you the service and burial they want after you have passed.
Leaving behind large debts can be crippling to family members. Final expense insurance enables families to properly grieve their loved ones without the burden of unplanned costs. Thankfully, final expense insurance is an affordable whole life insurance plan that offers a solution to these problems.
How Does Final Expense Insurance Work?
Final expense coverage is a life insurance policy that you purchase for a specific dollar amount (“face value”). You pay premiums periodically to keep the policy in force. If you die while the policy is still active, the insurance company pays the death benefit to the funeral home or individual(s) you named as the policy beneficiary(ies).
What are the advantages of Final Expense Coverage?
There are many advantages to final expense insurance coverage. Some of the most popular advantages include the following:
- Permanent protection over a lifetime. Final expense coverage will stay in force, as long as you continue making premium payments as required under the policy.
- Premiums don’t increase as you grow older. Your premiums are based on your age at the time you take out the policy, and remain steady for the life of the policy.
- Help protect loved ones from debts associated with the burial or funeral process. Final expense insurance coverage offers cash after you die that can be used to pay the cost of your funeral or memorial service, as well as the costs of cremation and/or burial.
- Tax-deferred cash value that builds over time. In addition to offering a fixed death benefit (the “face amount” of the policy), final expense insurance can also provide the option to accumulate cash value over time, inside the policy.
- Affordable premiums customized to fit their budget. Your policy, and the premiums you will pay, can be designed to fit your needs and available budget.
Can I afford Final Expense Coverage?
Many clients are pleasantly surprised at how affordable purchasing final expense insurance coverage can be.
Because we don’t offer “one-size-fits-all” solutions at CapCity Group, and because we have access to insurance products offered by dozens of top rated insurance carriers, we can help you find a final expense policy that is designed to meet both your needs and your budget.
Share This Post
More To Explore
Universal life insurance is a type of permanent life insurance policy that is generally more affordable than other options. In addition to providing a death benefit, universal life insurance also provides flexible premiums and includes a cash value savings component which can be used to supplement income and pay expenses.
As a homeowner, being able to pay your mortgage on time every month is important. What would happen to your loved ones if you were to die prematurely, become disabled or critically ill, and your income suddenly disappeared? Would they be able to pay off the mortgage without difficulty and
When you know you want to provide life insurance benefits to your loved ones in the event you die prematurely, it’s easy to find yourself confused by all of the different types of policies, and policy options, available. Term life insurance can be an affordable way to provide some financial